Learn In helps companies establish education benefits and talent academies so every employee can build deeper skills precisely aligned to company needs. HR, Talent and L&D leaders use Learn In to modernize access to learning budgets and world-class programs, and to simplify the delivery of custom programs to employee groups. Learn In’s core features include a tuition benefits manager, a prepaid learning stipend card, a world-class program marketplace and custom program builder, and dedicated coaching.
We are hiring a Backend Engineer to join the team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a startup environment, is a team player, and is passionate about taking their engineering experience to the next level. This position can be based remotely in the U.S. and is an opportunity to take ownership of a key role in a growing company.
What you’ll do:
- You will architect and develop various services and APIs for the Learn In product
- Use SOLID principles in creating maintainable and high quality code
- Collaborate with Product to ensure features/changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Learn In strategy
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in learning, talent building, and upskilling
What it takes:
- You are experienced developing software using web frameworks and statically typed languages such as C#, C++, Java, Rust, Go, or Scala
- Prior C# & ASP.NET Core experience preferred but not required
- Experienced architecting RESTful APIs
- You are comfortable creating highly scalable systems and frameworks
- Possess effective communication and collaboration skills
- Solution driven with the ability to understand the big picture
- You are enthusiastic about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experienced working remotely
Benefits of working at Learn In:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Fully distributed team, in 10 states and counting
- Competitive compensation and healthcare, we fully cover employee premiums
- Work with a proven team of experienced engineering professionals and leaders with experience taking a company to unicorn status
- Fast moving start-up, with lots of potential for career growth
- Be a part of a team that reflects the world around us bringing diverse viewpoints, experience, and insights
About Learn In
Co-founded by the founders of popular learning platform Degreed, Learn In is backed by leading edtech & future-of-work investors, including GSV, Album, Firework Ventures, and Village Global, We have been covered in Fast Company, CNBC, USA Today, EdTechReview, EdSurge, and Techcrunch, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.