Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II to help with building out our investor facing performance calculations for our Investment Platform. In this role, you’ll play a key part in building out functionality critical to our top product priorities through designing scalable systems, meeting high standards for quality, and helping to monitor your software in use. You’ll also work closely with key stakeholders across our product, investor relations, and other engineering teams.
- Build, scale, and improve software systems for a rapidly-growing fintech investment platform
- Take full ownership of the end-to-end software development lifecycle, participating in design and architecture decisions, implementing new systems and features, testing, deploying, and resolving issues that arise in production
- Design, Implement and troubleshoot tasks across our technology stack including Snowflake, MySQL, Postgres, Spring Batch and Spring Boot
- Maintain and monitor systems deployed on AWS
- Collaborate with teams outside of engineering to deliver, assess, and iterate on our solution
- Contribute to infrastructure development, integrations with AWS services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in Java
- Experience working with the Spring
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS where transactions and throughput were critical to operations
- Demonstrated track record of effective communication and coordination with business stakeholders
- Ability to absorb and understand large and complex new domains and workflows quickly
- Experience making contributions to scalable architecture projects or refactors
- Experience with cloud-native architecture and application development
- Experience refactoring monolithic applications to microservices, APIs, and/or serverless mode
- Familiarity with Snowflake or other Big Data technologies
The estimated base salary range Fundrise expects to pay for this position is between $123,000 and $148,000 annually. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as a target discretionary performance bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable). The range for this role takes into account a wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: candidate’s relevant skill set, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business/organizational needs.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave