Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is the dynamic force behind 20+ health, beauty, and pet care brands that generate over $1 billion in revenue annually. With our passionate employee-owners and unwavering commitment to creating top-notch products, we’re revolutionizing the direct-to-consumer market and empowering individuals to live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For An: Audio Intern who will work directly with the audio team to learn post audio processes as well as on set production assignments.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Hybrid)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set up and aid operation of audio equipment during productions
- Boom operation techniques
- Prep for VO sessions
- Record notes during VO sessions
- Manage file uploads and deliveries for mixing engineer
- Creates Pro Tools sessions for all incoming work materials using the prescribed workflows and guidelines from Senior Audio Engineer
- Clean and maintain gear after shoots
- Cleaning equipment
- Gain structure audio files
- Troubleshoots and corrects reported issues with source assets
- Cuts and edits long form audio projects within Pro Tools work flows
- Prepares and delivers audio files according to correct procedures adapting workflows ot new procedures as needed
- Follows a QC procedure to help projects meet the standard
- Provide a list of audio issues for audio managers and mixing engineers
- Documents internal processes for consistency and efficiency
- Prep audio studio for ADR and Post Production
- Dialogue editing
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with audio and session formats and specifications. (.wav, .mp3, .ptx, .omf,…)
- Recording and microphone technique understanding.
- Great time management, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Excellent at problem solving.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Works easily and within a fast changing work environment.
- Experience with Mac.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Knowledge of asset tracking software, Microsoft and Google Suite, Slack, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- 1-2 years of audio experience.
- Experience with Pro Tools or comparable audio software.
- Strong background and understanding of audio post production and file management and organization.
- Post audio engineer background.
- On set audio technician/boom operator experience.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
$17 – $20/hour, depending upon experience.