Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Merit is seeking an Associate Solutions Engineer. We are building the first Verified Identity graph across public and private sectors, bridging industry silos, and digitizing client workflows on the Merit Platform. The right candidate will have a passion for working with both external clients and internal stakeholders to understand new use cases, document requirements and data flows, own building solutions from start-to-finish, and participate in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where maintenance and uptime are as essential as quick delivery and flexibility.
The right individual for this role will enjoy employing a product mindset to architect and build solutions for customers that also align with the company’s vision and Verified Identity graph aspirations. They will act as a hybrid of Full-Stack Developer, responsible for building and maintaining apps, and Product Manager, responsible for documentation, timelines, requirements, and communication. This is a perfect role for someone with experience building apps who wants to gain experience in Product Management, or vice versa, a technical PM looking to hone their development skills. This role will report directly to the Head of the Solutions Team, and will join a fast-growing team critical to the scaling of Merit.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Meet with stakeholders (internal and external) in order to understand needs that can be translated into productized, repeatable, and scalable solutions
- Identify gaps within business processes and work with stakeholders to develop short-term patches and long-term solutions
- Write well-documented code, draw high-level flowcharts and diagrams of app functionality and data processes, write and maintain documentation, manage roadmap priorities, and publish tasks and timelines on Asana/JIRA
- Participate in revolving on-call schedules and jump into projects developed by other team members to quickly diagnose and fix production bugs as needed
- Stay abreast of developments within the Merit platform, including Core, and first- and third-party apps
- 1+ years of experience building, deploying, and maintaining full-stack applications
- UI/UX and design-sense using off-the-shelf libraries, such as Bootstrap
- Strong organizational skills and process mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at different phases of the development cycle simultaneously
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Keen eye for detail and user experience
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Demonstrated self-starter who can handle the autonomy being offered with this role
- A passion for Merit’s mission
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.