Lambda’s mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our cloud and on-premise supercomputers power AI research at the forefront of quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda’s products accelerate AI research at thousands of organizations, including Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role
As an Analytics Engineer, you will be a “go-to” data expert who is responsible for building and maintaining datasets, driving data visualization improvements, and implementing data quality checks and balances to achieve 0% data downtime. You will be accountable for a wide range of Lambda’s analytical needs, and work closely with key business leaders to deeply understand the business problems and to prioritize, formulate, and act on business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and analysts to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way
- Develop, standardize, and maintain data dictionary
- Data formatting, organization, and processing to build the foundation layer for dashboards and self-service reporting
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive decision making
- Work on data transformation, using the ETL tool (Fivetran)
- Using Python, build and maintain multiple source data connections to API’s, SQL databases, and other sources feeding into a BigQuery database system
- Educate and empower the business community towards self-serve reporting model
- Partnering with business stakeholders to use data to automate the manual work being done today
- Have 5+ years of data / analytics engineering experience building, working & maintaining data pipelines & ETL processes on big data environments
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Data Analytics, similar degree or commensurate experience
- Must be a self-starter, proactive and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have the ability to work cross-functionally with various departments
- Have fundamental data architecture and design skills
- Have excellent knowledge of SQL (esp. Postgresql), Python (esp. Django), and strong data transformation skills
- Have experience with the following tech stack: BigQuery, Tableau, Fivetran
- Are comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Have proven ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a high-growth SaaS, IaaS or E-Commerce startup
- Ability to work with beginner to advanced users of data
- After creating good data practices, ability of implementing easy-to-understand approach to making the data accessible to all
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 100, and growing fast
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we all actually use
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.