Wunder is building a Modern Energy Company.
We were founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the deployment of solar energy. In doing so, we help businesses, municipalities, and schools save money by delivering clean on-site power. We convert simple warehouses into electrified industrial platforms built for the future. We enable the nation’s leading commercial and industrial real estate firms to capture the benefits of solar across their properties. We align ESG goals with revenue targets, and the renewable energy assets we’re deploying today will power America’s tomorrow.
Wunder currently holds more than $1 billion in solar assets under management and capital commitments. Our team has evaluated more than 10,000 properties for solar across all 50 states. Our average solar system – about 480 kilowatts in size – can offset 350,000 pounds of coal burned each year of system operation!
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, detail-oriented, and industrious analyst to join our fast-growing startup. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, partners, customers, and investors. The role, broadly speaking, will be to work with Wunder’s Operations team to ensure that our solar funds’ portfolios are built of the highest caliber assets, by implementing processes and procedures that validate data quality, mitigate potential transactional errors, and manage logistical complexity as we scale our platform. Daily activities will include supporting our capital disbursement process, managing our portfolio of solar assets, servicing our loans and billing requests, completing project diligence and working cross functionally with members of our Investments and Development teams.
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and meticulously ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation – You’re a recent graduate that has a solid internship or two under your belt. This could be in solar, finance, economic consulting, asset management, auditing, academic research, or anything that provided you with the tools and resources to be comfortable in spreadsheets, conduct market research, update databases, think analytically, and work cross-functionally.
- You’re Extremely Detail Oriented – The quality of our data is paramount. You understand the necessity of accuracy, and you thrive off of checking the details not once, not twice, but three times. You take extreme pride in your work and only submit the highest quality of work for review.
- You’re Eager and Ready to Learn – You are at the beginning of an exciting career and you’re ready to get your feet wet and learn all about how the solar development world works. You can’t wait to learn about solar investments, the commercial solar market, and in-depth diligence practices. You want to get your hands dirty and try new things, all while saving the planet.
- You’re Methodical & Process Oriented – You believe that documentation and systemization of processes is key. You enjoy thinking critically about increasing efficiencies and processes, and enjoy taking action to streamline your day to day operations.
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication – You have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills. You articulate the operative points when communicating with internal or external parties, effectively simplify complex information, and enjoy working cross-functionally.
- You’re Super Organized – You’re a high achiever who loves bringing order to chaos. There’s a lot going on any given day and success in this role will require a high degree of organization, ability to stay on top of changing goals and priorities, and strong project management skills.
- You’re a Flexible, Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and can pivot quickly when needed.
- You have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced rapid-growth environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re willing to do whatever it takes to help your teammate next to you succeed.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You find new and effective ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet – and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
SALARY & EQUITY
The salary range for this role is $64,800 – $90,200 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate’s compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
BENEFITS & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- Unless otherwise specified within the job post, you can live wherever you’d like as long as you’re located within the U.S.
- Flexible schedules, so you can pick your kids up after school or finally make it to your favorite yoga class
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team offsites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above. Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication