adyn is on a mission to make scientific discovery more inclusive.
Our vision is to be earth’s most inclusive and patient-centric personalized medicine company. We are living in an age of medical research gaps—a disparity that exists because the vast majority of biological literature is based on single sex studies of males of european ancestry. Research shows that achieving equality in science and medicine will improve our standard of care and long-term health outcomes, not just for women, but for everyone.
Our first product, The Birth Control Test, helps individuals identify the best birth control for their unique biology. We do this by integrating two biological readouts: genetics (read one time) and hormone levels (read multiple times throughout your life). By partnering with individuals, adyn leverages personal preference, medical history, and biological data to proactively help every (unique) body select the most desirable birth control option – with the least dangerous side effects.
Our values inform our research, our interactions with each other, and our community.
Powered by data. – We make informed decisions based on rigorous science leading to medically actionable results. Our endless curiosity is only satiated by lots and lots of unbiased high quality data.
Celebrating unique strength. – We not only recognize our differences, but celebrate and learn from them. Our unique qualities powerfully inform our approach to each other, our work, our way of life, and our health.
Equally scientific and rebellious. – We are as demanding in our quest to serve the underserved as we are exact in our science. Our work closes existing research gaps created by decades of unequal access to medical research and healthcare due to gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, LGBTQ+ identity, and geography.
Collaborative. – Together, we examine problems, find solutions, and innovate quickly. By mobilizing multiple perspectives, experiences, and expertise we build trust with our patients and ourselves.
Proactive. – We empower individuals with their own biological data to make informed decisions about their healthcare. In the pursuit of radical self-knowledge we are pushing the standard of healthcare from reactive to proactive.
Thoughtful. – We consider the smallest details and the largest human impacts of our work. Taking time to listen, and evaluate input, we don’t rush what matters.
About the role
Our digital storytelling intern creates (and manages the creation of) exquisitely radical content experiences—presentations, infographics, videos, workshops, blog posts, email blasts, and social campaigns—this person is a champion of our mission.
Shaping the way we reach and communicate with birth control users, this person is data driven and passionate about making scientifically accurate health information accessible for everyone. Our digital storytelling intern is curious about our scientific approach and translates relevant and accurate messages across audiences reflecting our customers’ unique experiences.
In the first 30 days you will:
- Learn adyn’s scientific approach, creative strategy, content strategy, and begin engaging with our audience
- Start generating content that articulates the brand story, connects to the individual customer, enhances understanding of product offering, and builds brand narrative
- Share new strategies and tactics to amplify our scientific, sexual health, and (pop) cultural content
- Learn to iterate rapidly on design and copy to develop high quality content efficiently
- Grow our online audience
In the first 90 days you will:
- Manage a robust content calendar
- Develop creative assets and implement best practices to ensure content is consistently and effectively positioned across all channels
- Deeply understand adyn’s customers and their journeys with specific focus on where content is most influential and effective at building trust
- Collaborate cross-functionally to produce a wide variety of content
- Background in biology, genetics, health, or a related field preferred; passion for science/medicine/sexual freedom required
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new topics
- Proven experience using persuasive narratives and storytelling
- Success generating engaging social media content and planning future content needs
- Ability to communicate and empathize with the experiences, needs, and motivations of our customers
If you’re feeling excited about this job description we encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in our mission and believe they can contribute in any number of ways.
With your resume please share one experiment you would like to run on our social channels and three accounts you think we should engage with and why.
Our work closes gaps created by decades of unequal access to medical research and healthcare. Our people practices (including hiring, compensation, and celebration) are similarly designed to close gaps in equity due to historical biases around gender, race, national origin or ancestry, socioeconomic status, age, LGBTQ+ identity, religion, conviction history, disability, neurodiversity, and genetic information.
Please note: applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.