WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You would be joining a fully remote Admin Support Team nested in the Customer Service Department. We are a team-oriented group of people with bright minds, different backgrounds, and a variety of skill sets. We believe in the power of technology and are excited by problem-solving and providing individualized support.
The Admin Support Team’s primary role is managing the Support Queue, the destination for all emails sent to email@example.com from campaign and organization admins as well as grassroots organizers. We support hundreds of campaign and organization admins per week and handle a wide array of questions over email and phone. Depending on where we are in the election cycle, the workload fluctuates, and thus flexibility and a commitment to dynamic processes is key. We also manage all inbox routing and triaging so we are experts in what specific issues should be escalated to different teams and departments.
This role is 100% remote and working hours will be Pacific Time Zone business hours (roughly 9 a.m. PT – 5 p.m. PT) from Thursday to Monday. As Admin Support Manager, you will help build out our expanded West Coast and weekend coverage, which is newer territory for our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build and manage a team of up to 4 Admin Support Associates and/or Specialists and support their professional development
- Support customer service tasks, such as
- Answering emails with speed and accuracy while meeting team-wide expectations (thresholds)
- Answering voicemails
- Triaging to other teams with speed and accuracy
- Monitoring refund spreadsheets
- Working on ad-hoc projects
- Occasionally presenting updates for the team or at department meetings
- Serve as an escalation point for other teams/departments for time-sensitive issues such as technical problems
- Evaluate the need for new resources and collaborate with other staff
- Assist in training and/or onboarding current and new staff when needed
- Provide recommendations for professional development to your reports
- Lead weekly 1:1 meetings with your report(s) and schedule any other meetings for project work, training, etc. with them
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience in direct technical support and eagerness to become an ActBlue product expert
- Experience leading a team of customer service professionals (ideally in a remote setting). As a strong coach, you’re an effective listener and facilitator who will use your experience and situational awareness to help your team support donors, nonprofits and campaign teams
- Experience working with email ticket systems like Help Scout or Zendesk and an understanding of CS metrics like CSAT, Average Reply Time, etc.
- Experience in analytical reading and problem solving — you can convert numbers into stories
- Nice to have: Experience in a start-up environment, e-commerce, tech industry, or political field
You will succeed in this role if:
- You are excited to learn all of the ins and outs of Admin Support work as you onboard into our workflows and then work with your manager to build out your team. You understand that building a solid knowledge base will enable you to be a better manager
- You are excited about the power of technology and are comfortable with learning new technologies
- You are a great communicator — you’re not afraid to hop on the phone with a user to troubleshoot or a Zoom call with a teammate to talk through a complex problem.
- You work well independently, but understand that communication and collaboration are key. You’re willing to think outside the box and explore new territory alongside your team.
- You are willing to take on new challenges — we are a growing and maturing team, department, and organization that will continue to evolve.
- You are goal-oriented — you understand how to translate goals into action items for yourself and your reports.
- You are organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- You are adaptable to change and implement good change management with your reports.
- You are resilient and work well under pressure — you are someone who knows how to prioritize and structure your day in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You are comfortable working from home.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time salaried position. This role will be fully remote and will require a non-traditional, but regular, work schedule including regular weekends and/or non-EST coverage. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $73,000 – $91,000 depending upon experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.