At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Accounts Receivable Specialist role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for leading the Order-to-Cash cycle end to end, which includes customer billing, collections efforts, cash application, and customer account reconciliations.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the billing process and all related invoice and billing queries/concerns
- Actively review the AR ledger to pinpoint and research short payments, skipped invoices, and past due balances
- Support external and internal requests related to specific areas of responsibility
- Assist in refining billing and contract review processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvement
- Manage and assist with various related ad hoc projects as needed
- You have strong attention to detail and accuracy, commitment to customer service
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, are very organized and detail-oriented, thrive on process improvement and value clean documentation
- Prior experience in working with and/or implementing automated accounts receivable and billing solutions and related processes in a complex, global organization is a plus
- Ability to manage deadlines and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent area of study
- 3+ years’ experience as billing coordinator, AR specialist, or similar position
- Proficient with excel (can perform functions) , Google Suites, Stripe and NetSuite.
Bonus If You:
- Have experience in the SaaS industry
- Have experience at a pre-IPO or public company
- With practical knowledge and experience with billing systems and implementations (i.e. SuiteBilling, Zuora and Stripe)
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $87,000.00 – $100,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.