About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication and problem-solving skills to manage all aspects of billing and collections efforts. This role requires building partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and initiating process improvements for the accounts receivable function. This is a key role on the broader accounting team.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of two in handling the day-to-day accounts receivable function including, customer invoicing on multiple platforms, collection and payment application
- Partner with the internal cross-functional teams for billing-related matters, new deals, new products, contract modifications, etc.
- Manage communication with customers for billing inquiries and collection matters
- Participate in designing, testing, and implementing changes to the billing systems/tools and processes
- Continue to develop, implement and document policies and procedures to scale with the business
- Ensure a timely month-end close of all accounts receivable tasks
- Monitor aging balance, assess collectibility, prepare and communicate accounts receivable and collection status reports
- Coach, develop and mentor team members
What we value:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounts receivable/billing management in the SaaS industry
- Strong proficiency with Zuora is a must; experience with Recurly and Stripe is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, reliability, and a “roll-up the sleeves” attitude
- Ability to manage ambiguity, and multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.