Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Accounting Lead at Blockworks, you will be the second finance team hire, reporting to the Director of Finance. You will have the opportunity to play an integral role in materially improving the efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of the Blockworks accounting function. Because the Finance team at Blockworks is small but mighty, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with a lot of executive leadership visibility. This role is incredibly elastic in that it is designed to stretch and grow with you. Ideally, you are self-motivated with a ‘no project too small’ attitude.
We are based in NYC, but this role is remote-eligible.
AS AN ACCOUNTING LEAD YOU WILL:
- Own all aspects of the accounting process, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, disclosure schedules for financial filings, and fluctuation analysis to help management with business decisions.
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- Collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters and other initiatives.
- Partner with the People team to own payroll execution and 401K compliance.
- Leverage technology for process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness and accuracy of existing processes, as well as the design and implementation of new processes.
- Build out a framework for operational and financial controls.
- Work with our clients and vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government tax and filing requirements.
- Assist the executive leadership team with special projects, research and supplemental reporting.
YOU WILL HAVE :
- 3+ years of progressive responsibilities applying US GAAP standards, audit experience a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of standard accounting softwares (e.g. Quickbooks or Netsuite)
- Demonstrated ability at process development and improvement
- Ability to execute and proactively follow up, especially cross-functionally
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges
- Confirmed commitment and alignment with our Blockworks values
- Extra points if you have knowledge in managing digital currency wallets, an interest in FP&A or other aspects of Finance, and coding skills that support accounting automation.
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org