Today, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
And who are you? We are looking for a highly motivated, hard-working individual to play a key role in the Accounting and Finance Department during a period of high growth and process transformation. This is a high-visibility role, which requires coordinating the flow of confidential information from various business partners to senior management.
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing with various levels of senior management
- Superior problem-solving skills & a proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment with an ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Creative and solutions-oriented; you’re able to think on your feet when presented with a tough problem and are willing to develop new approaches to challenges
- A sophisticated understanding of corporate finance and accounting
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility operates with urgency and proactively drives business results
- Intrigued by the prospect of working at a consumer startup that’s at the intersection of digital identity, emojis, privacy, the creator economy, and NFTs, and is led by a founding team with significant prior success and deep industry credibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting team including:
- Support in PBC list for 409(a) valuation
- Budgeting & Planning: prepare a meaningful analysis (internal and external) for strategic business decisions and model financial situations
- Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process and quarterly variance analysis
- Ensure all accounting transactions are properly recorded
- Assist in ensuring internal controls and compliance processes are in place and operating effectively
- Establish and track core metrics that are essential to the financial health of the company
- Calculate and forecast burn and runway, and accurately present current future cash position in real-time
- Work directly with external auditors and provide supporting documentation as needed
- Perform ad hoc projects and reporting as needed by executive management
- 5-10 years of accounting experience in a start-up and/or hyper-growth tech company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent experience
- Experience with SaaS tools such as NetSuite, Bill.com, Brex, Stripe, G-Suite, etc.
- Cryptocurrency transaction experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and full-cycle accounting
- Expert using Excel, able to work with a large quantity of data to dissect and analyze
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant
- Coinbase Commerce experience
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one in the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our Employee Engagement events happen in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That’s all to say: these job listings are approximations!
If you’re a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn’t a 100% fit, don’t worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We only care that you’re the best person for the job.