Swiftly is a mission-driven company and the first Connected Transit Platform that helps transit agencies improve their service reliability, passenger information, and operational efficiency. Over 115 transit agencies in 8 countries partner with Swiftly today and we touch over 2 billion transit trips per year. Agencies that partner with Swiftly are able to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is increased ridership, fewer passenger complaints, and more reliable transit operations.
SALES AT SWIFTLY
The Account Management team at Swiftly engages with our customers to understand their core challenges and act as a partner in creating the solution. The Account Management team has two north star objectives: retain our customers’ business and grow opportunities within the customer base. The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team. The Sales team is guided by Swiftly values – team, communication, feedback, growth, diversity, impact – and often combines several values to solve problems and deliver value to our customers.
Even though Swiftly’s HQ office is located in San Francisco, CA, we are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
ABOUT THE ROLE
Account Managers own the commercial aspects of renewals along with the end-to-end sales cycle for upsells in our existing customer base. They are responsible for working closely with Customer Success, Marketing, Partnerships, and Product to increase the ‘stickiness’ of Swiftly amongst our customers. AMs help ensure our customers find continued success and value in their partnership with Swiftly by expanding their product portfolio. Account Managers own their own territory of existing customers and are responsible for prospecting, lead generation, and revenue from the customer base. Swiftly has aggressive upsell goals for 2023, and we are looking for dedicated professionals who can empathize with the needs of small to mid sized agencies and are committed to the success of the transit industry.
- Develop an upsell/retention strategy for small to midsize customer agencies
- Own the upsell pipeline from marketing qualified lead to close
- Build your own strategy to drive pipeline development throughout your book of business (our customer base), partnering with the Customer Success (CS) Team to remain up to date on the state of all customers
- Develop and maintain account plans with the relevant CS Managers for key accountsWork with marketing to develop customer-focused collateral and execute on campaigns
- Achieve / exceed quota expectationsDevelop business proposals and presentations with agencies that prove ROI
- Have the ability to lead demonstrations of full Swiftly platform
- Work with agencies to identify budget and procurement paths
- Manage competitive and noncompetitive procurement for both upsells and renewals (including responding to RFPs, writing sole source justification, and navigating cooperative purchasing agreements)
- Attend conferences, onsite agency visits, and other events to meet customers, build relationships and represent Swiftly as a thought leader
- Work collaboratively with all cross-functional departments to provide a constant loop of feedback on our competition, market, and customers
You Will Have:
- 1-2 years of quota-carrying SaaS experience
- A track record of meeting and exceeding quota and pipeline expectations
- A strong ability to listen to various stakeholders and synthesize relevant information
- Persistence and the ability to find creative ways to communicate value to customers
- Strong intuition and ability to thrive with minimal direction: you can ideate and execute on a plan effectively, think strategically, and balance multiple, competing priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multitask a high volume of opportunities at all times
- Excellent communication and a proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience working in public transportation, or passionate about the future of transportation, mobility, and cities, with an interest in the role of transportation technology
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– 401k with Employer Match
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly Education Reimbursement
– Flexible PTO with a required minimum
– Flexible work environment
– 17 paid holidays – including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2022
– 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Swiftly has adopted a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Swiftly will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide Swiftly People Ops with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?