Skilljar is helping millions of people around the world gain job-relevant skills in a constantly evolving economy. We’re delivering business outcomes for our customers, innovating in an exciting new category, and driving impact to narrow the global skills gap!
We are seeking an Account Executive, Mid-Market to join our growing sales team, where they will have a direct impact on our product! We’re looking for a highly-collaborative, motivated, self-starter who is comfortable owning the full sales cycle. This individual will engage with prospective companies in the Mid-Market segment to identify how the Skilljar platform can help them to drive key business and growth objectives.
As a part of our team, you will promote Skilljar solutions while helping prospects understand how customer education platforms can allow them to reduce churn, increase customer engagement, and grow customer relationships. Plus have opportunities to build creatively, learn new skills, and stretch yourself at a scaling company.
- Understand prospect difficulties to develop a value proposition specific to their needs and business goals.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of potential opportunities.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Solutions Engineers, Professional Services and Customer Success, to consistently achieve individual sales quotas and deliver against key performance metrics.
- Consult, build and deliver customized sales presentations and high-impact demonstrations
- Navigate sophisticated procurement cycles with multi-stakeholder sign-off including executives, legal, information security, etc. Develop and negotiate proposals and contracts.
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement.
- At least 4+ years of experience working in SaaS sales in a quota-carrying role.
- Experience and comfortable in a highly self-directed, small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and constantly evolving market feedback.
- Proven skills in a consultative sales experience for products/solutions that affect multiple partners and areas of a customer organization.
- Experience with a startup environment a major plus
- Ability to develop and implement an inside sales territory strategy with minimal oversight or direction.
- Demonstrated success using excellent sales organization skills, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- A collaborative teammate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, New York, Missouri, and Virginia.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.