Woven Planet is building mobility for a safer, happier and sustainable world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota’s legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
You will play a key role in developing 3D graphics applications for editing maps used by autonomous vehicles. Your job involves developing user interfaces for interacting with 3D, video, and map data, as well as integrating with cloud-based pipelines and working within an Agile environment. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills, improve our engineering practices, work with high performing peers, and engage directly with GIS professionals to deliver high quality maps.
To be successful, you will have demonstrable experience with collaborative software development using shared repositories and a solid track record of product delivery.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will develop new front and back-end features for a 3D graphics application that utilizes map, 3D (vector and/or point cloud), video data (images)
- You will work within a team to deliver a desktop and cloud-based pipeline for map generation
- You will develop assets for functional, integration and E2E testing
- You will generate and execute test plans
- You will participate in code and software architecture reviews
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required)
- You have professional experience with:
- C++ development
- 3D graphics / UI development
- You are familiar with:
- Setting up release builds for desktop or client-side applications
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following (optional), but relevant experience
- You have an advanced degree in CS, GIS or Software Engineering
- You have experience developing and releasing Windows applications
- You have used CircleCI, Terraform, or other deployment tools/platforms
- You have used Qt, Blender or other 3D UI development tools
- You are familiar with computer vision or machine learning algorithms
- You have experience with mapping, spatial data or associated toolsets